Friday, December 7, 2007

Thanksgiving Pie!

Blair was proud of me too!
(k, I'm not pregnant, its just not a very flattering picture of me!)

So happy I didn't screw it up!

I made my first Chocolate Meringue Pie. It was yummy! I was really stoked about it, and it turned out really well! Blair and I spent Thanksgiving with his family here and we had a really nice time. Once again the turkey was huge!!! (30lbs). Last year someone set the turkey on the oven door for a moment and it ended up costing about $600 in repairs! This year poor Blair got burned from the juices while transporting the turkey, because the turkey was much too big for the pan! After a few laughs and lots of pie and football, the day turned out to be great!
I got this beautiful pie dish from Michelle Hunt as a bridal shower gift
along with the awesome pie crust recipe.
Here's to you Michelle!!


3 comments:

Dana said...

Yum! Looks awesome. I have only ever made one pie from scratch in my life and that was an apple pie. I don't think I could manage the mirenge as well. (I totally spelled that wrong)

Brian and Abby said...

I'm so excited for you, and so daring to do it for Thanksgiving. Good job

Brian and Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.